QUICK TIPS TO SELL MORE PRODUCTS ONLINE
If you sell products online, whether it’s a single product or tens of thousands, there are many things that you can change on your website that will increase your sales, even if you maintain the same amount of website traffic. This process is called Conversion Rate Optimization and is a highly measurable area of internet marketing that you can spend a lot of time focusing on.
Here are key things you need to consider to sell products online…
- Make sure you have an online shop first ! See here how to build an online shop.
- Feature a unique description of each product you sell- do not cut and paste the manufacturers copy.
- User reviews will not only give you more unique content for this product but will help to push other people over the buying tipping point.
- Use a simple shopping cart system. The more pages and clicks between clicking “add to cart” and completing payment, the more opportunities people will have to abandon their cart. MOSES NET has a simple shopping cart system that customer can checkout directly no need register.
- Three weeks after the transaction – email your customer and ask them to leave a review of the product they just bought (recommend use auto-marketing email tools).
- Give an incentive to your clients to leave reviews of products on your website with a giveaway e.g. Win a $200 voucher for the best review this month.
- Use web analysis tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to monitor how people consume your sales pages: how far do they scroll down, what are they clicking on, etc.
- Produce product tour or product review videos – these will help drive up the conversion rate as they allow people to really see the product.
- If you are out of stock – offer to take customer details and call them back when you have stock available.
- Make sure your website is fast. For every second it takes your page to load – you have just lost an impatient customer (aim for 3 seconds – 6 or more seconds is too slow). You can monitor your site speed through Google Analytics.
- Monitor what people are searching for on your website – you might find demand for products you don’t (yet) carry or you may find that people are misspelling certain product names.
- Make sure you have way to let your customers know when your online shop will offers discounts and exciting new products.
- Offer a money back guarantee.
- Make sure people know who they are buying from. Add your street address to the footer and your sales phone number in the top right corner of each page.
- When using Google AdWords to drive customers to your product page, do not just have a single version of the advert. Instead make 5, 10 or even 50 versions of the same advert and track which one drives sales the most and then turn off the adverts that do not perform as well. See here to get more information about Google Adwords service.
- Facebook advertising is really good a driving people to your Facebook page but not so good at driving customers to make a purchase. If you still want to use it, make sure your adverts are targeted to only people of the right demographic. Always make sure to include an image as part of any Facebook advert: Facebook ads featuring a smiling women’s face convert the best. Do you wanna join Facebook marketing workshop? see here.
Resource from: smallbusinessbc.ca by Mark Tempest